|Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal), Yogurt
|Snacks and Starters
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Dahi Bhalle -SK Khazana
- 1 1/2 cups Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal) soaked for 6-7 hours and drained
- 3 cups Yogurt chilled
- for deep-frying Oil
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- to taste Salt
- 2-3 tablespoons Powdered sugar
- as required Tamarind chutney sweet
- Black salt (kala namak) for sprinkling
- Roasted cumin powder for sprinkling
- Red chilli powder for sprinkling
- for garnish Fresh coriander sprigs
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Put split black gram into a mixer jar, add ginger, broken green chilli, cumin seeds and salt and grind. Add a little water and blend into a smooth and thick batter. Transfer into a bowl.
- Dampen your palms and drop small portions of the batter directly in hot oil and deep-fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Put the vadas in a bowl of water and soak till they soften. Mix yogurt and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Drain and squeeze out excess water from the vadas and put into another bowl.Put 2-3 vadas in each serving bowl, pour some sweetened yogurt over them, drizzle some sweet chutney and sprinkle some black salt, cumin powder and chilli powder on top, garnish with coriander sprigs and serve chilled.