|Baby potatoes, Oil
|Snacks and Starters
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Aloo Tuk - SK Khazana
- 25-30 Baby potatoes parboiled and unpeeled
- to deep fry Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chaat masala
- to taste Salt
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 Lemon
- to serve Tea
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai, add the potatoes and deep-fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- To make the spice mix, take chaat masala in a bowl, add salt, Chilli Powder and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Crush each baby potato with the back of a knife and put them back into the same hot oil and deep-fry for 7-8 minutes or till they turn dark golden brown and crispier. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
- Add the fried potatoes to the spice mixture squeeze the juice of lemon over them and toss well.
- Transfer the aloo tuk on a serving plate, serve hot with tea.