|Rice flour, Asafoetida
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Akki Roti - SK Khazana
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 small Onion
- 8-10 coriander sprig
- 1/4 cup Carrot grated
- Heat a non-stick pan, add 1 cup hot water, asafoetida, cumin seeds, salt and turmeric powder, mix well and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add rice flour and mix till well combined. Switch off the heat, transfer the rice flour mixture into a parat and let it cool slightly.
- Finely chop onion and coriander sprigs and add to the rice flour mixture. Add carrot, coconut and green chillies and knead the mixture. Add oil and knead into a soft dough. Heat a non-stick tawa.
- To make each akki roti, place a large plastic sheet on the worktop, take a portion of the dough and place it on one side of the sheet. Fold theother side over the dough and press slightly. Further pat it with your fingers into a roti.
- Transfer the roti on the hot tawa and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and apply ghee. Flip again and apply ghee on the other side too. Cook, turning sides, till both sides are evenly golden and crisp.
- Transfer the roti onto a serving plate and serve hot with coconut chutney and tomato chutney.