A healthy and Nutritious idli.
This recipe has featured on the show Khanakhazana.
|Parboiled Rice, Carrot
|Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu
|Snacks and Starters
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Mixed Vegetable Idli
- 1 cup Parboiled Rice
- 1/2 cup Carrot
- 1 medium Carrot grated
- 4-5 French beans chopped
- 2-3 florets Cauliflower grated
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- to taste Salt
- 7-8 Black peppercorns crushed
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Wash and soak the rice and urad dal separately for at least four hours.
- Drain and grind dal to a fine paste and rice to a coarse paste using very little water. Mix both the pastes and add sufficient water to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Add salt and allow it to ferment for four to five hours or overnight, covered, in a warm place.
- Heat sufficient water in a steamer. Add the vegetables, coriander leaves and crushed black peppercorns to the fermented batter. Mix well.
- Lightly grease the idli moulds with oil. Pour a spoonful of batter into each mould. Place the idli mould in the steamer and steam for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Serve hot with a coconut chutney.