|Refined flour, Cocoa powder
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Chocolate Hot Cross Buns - SK Khazana
- 2 3/4 cups Refined flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Fresh yeast
- 3 1/2 tabl a pinch Castor sugar
- a pinch Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- millilitres Nutmeg powder
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 30 grams + for basting Butter
- as required Dark chocolate cut into cubes
- 1 sprigD Fresh rosemary
- as required Maple syrup
- Sift 2 cup refined flour and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Take yeast in a bowl and castor sugar and 2 tablespoon warm water in a small bowl, mix well and set aside to activate.
- Add sugar, salt cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Make a well in centre, add activated yeast and milk and knead into soft dough.
- Add butter and knead well.
- Divide the dough into small equal portions. Spread each portion on your palm, place a chocolate cube in the center, bring the edges together and shape into a ball.
- Dip a sprig of rosemary in butter and grease the baking tray with it. Dust with flour.
- Place the dough balls on a baking tray, cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside to prove for 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180º C.
- Take remaining refined flour in another bowl. Add water and mix well to get a thick slurry.
- Fill a piping bag with slurry and pipe out crosses on the proved buns.
- Keep the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Dip the rosemary sprig in butter and baste the buns with it. Dip rosemary sprig in maple syrup and drizzle the syrup over the buns.
- Serve at room temperature.