|Butterscotch, Mawa (khoya)
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Butter Scotch Barfi - SK Khazana
- 1/2 cup Butterscotch perla
- 400 grams Mawa (khoya)
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Green cardamom powder
- to garnish Pistachios blanched, peeled and slivered
- to garnish Silver warq
- Grate khoya on a plate. Coarsely crush butterscotch pearls in a mortar with pestle. Line a barfi tray with butter paper.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add khoya and sauté on low heat till it softens. Add sugar and green cardamom powder, mix well and cook till the sugar melts and mixes well with the khoya.
- Add crushed butterscotch pearls and mix well. Cook for a minute and take the pan off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined burfi tray and spread the mixture evenly by gently tapping the tray. Sprinkle butterscotch pearls and slivered pistachios and keep aside till it cools down to room temperature. Refrigerate till set.
- Garnish with silver warq, cut in squares, transfer them into a serving bowl and serve.