|Chocolate sponge cake, Mascarpone cheese
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Tiramisu
- 8 inches Chocolate sponge cake
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespo teaspoons Instant coffee powder
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 cup Whipped cream
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Halve the cake horizontally. Cut into small rounds to fit into serving bowls.
- Heat ½ cup water in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Break the eggs and separate the yolks and put into a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsps coffee powder to the heated water and mix well.
- Heat sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan. Add powdered sugar to the egg yolks and whisk well. Keep the bowl in the heated water and cook.
- Keep one cake roundel in each of 4 serving bowls and drizzle some coffee decoction over it.
- When the egg yolks reach custard consistency, remove the bowl out of the hot water and place on the worktop.
- Take mascarpone cheese in another bowl and whisk till smooth. Add the egg yolks and whisk well together.
- Add whipped cream and mix well. Put this mixture over the cake roundels in the serving bowls. Sprinkle the remaining coffee powder through a sieve on top of the cream.
- Keep the bowls in the refrigerator for 1-1½ hours. Serve chilled.