Layers of cake and peach flavoured yogurt with the taste of lemon.
This recipe is from FoodFood TV channel
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Peach And Lemon Cake
- 3 Peaches canned
- 2-3 Yogurt sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Vanilla sponge cake
- as required Wafer biscuits
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Thick yogurt
- 1/4 cup Pistachios,blanched, peeled and chopped
- Cut cake according to the size of the cake tin. Slice a thin layer off the top of the cake.
- Place the cake in the cake tin and arrange the wafer biscuits along the side of the cake.
- Mix together 3 tbsps sugar, ½ cup water, lemon juice in a non stick pan and cook till the mixture comes to a boil.
- Puree the canned peaches with a hand blender.
- Mix together yogurt, puréed peaches, remaining sugar and pistachios in a bowl.
- Prick the cake with tooth pick and pour the prepared sugar syrup over it.
- Spread the yogurt mixture over it and arrange fresh peach slices in a circular manner.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for an hour. Remove from the cake tin mould, cut into slices and serve.