Simple vanilla cake made special with shrikhand and motichoor laddoos.
This recipe is from FoodFood TV channel
|Vanilla Sponge Cake, Mixed Sponge Cake
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Special Cake
- 8 inch Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 1 tin Mixed Sponge Cake
- 6-8 Motichoor laddoos
- For garnishing
- as required Whipped cream
- as required Cherries
- as required Pistachios blanched and chopped
- as required Cocoa powder
- Drain canned fruits and place them in a bowl. Add shrikhand and mix well.
- Leaving 1 cm all around the edge of the cake, slice off a thin layer from the top of the cake. Scoop out from the center to make a deep pocket. (Keep the scooped portion to use for some other recipe.)
- Fill shrikhand mixture in the pocket. Crumble motichoor laddoos and spread on top of the shrikhand.
- Fill whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe out rosettes around the outer edge. Sprinkle cherries and pistachios. Dredge cocoa powder and serve.