|Cocoa powder, Khoya/mawa
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Chocolate Burfi
- 2 teaspoons Cocoa powder
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon Khoya/mawa
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Liquid glucose
- a pinch Green cardamom powder
- Cook the khoya and sugar together in a large non-stick kadai on low heat, stirring continuously till the sugar dissolves and the khoya starts to melt.
- Add the liquid glucose and continue to cook for about twenty minutes, stirring continuously, till the mixture thickens and begins to leave the sides of the kadai.Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into two parts. Add two teaspoons of cocoa powder to one part and mix well.
- Transfer the cocoa mixture onto a greased six-by-eight-inch aluminium tray and spread it evenly. Leave to cool to room temperature and set.
- Spread the remaining khoya mixture on top of the chocolate layer and spread it evenly. Set aside to cool.
- Cut into twenty squares or diamonds and serve with the chocolate layer on top.
Makes 20 pieces/400 grams