Indian gooseberry marmalade.
This is a Sanjeev Kapoor exclusive recipe.
|Indian gooseberry (amla), Sugar
|Pickles, Jams and Chutneys
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Amla Murabba
- 1 kilogram Indian gooseberry (amla)
- 1 1/2 kilograms Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Green cardamom seeds crushed
- 1 teaspoon Saffron (kesar) crushed
- 10-15 Almonds blanched and slivered
- Place amla in a pan, add two cups of water and cover and cook on low heat for ten to
- fifteen till amla is tender and water has reduced to half the quantity.
Remove the seeds and set aside.
- Heat sugar with six cups of water in a thick-bottomed pan and prepare sugar syrup of one string consistency.
- Add the cooked amlas along with the cooking liquour and stir.
- Add crushed green cardamom seeds and saffron and continue to cook,
- uncovered, on low heat till the mixture is thick and translucent.
- The syrup by now should be of two-string consistency.
Add almonds and stir gently.
Cool and store in airtight jars.
|Vitamin C- 6000mg