Who doesn’t love to bite into a plump, juicy, fresh strawberry? Well, it would be safe to say that when it comes to fruits, there are 2 of them which majority of us love with all our hearts – mangoes and strawberries. You got to wait for a little for the mango season but thankfully strawberries are here. Since it’s the official season to enjoy these cute little berries, why not indulge in some extraordinary delights. Besides eating them just like that or with some whipped cream on the side, there are plenty of interesting things you can do with this gorgeous fruit. And, we’re here with some of them. So, enjoy them while the season lasts!
Fact: Strawberries, not just a pretty face!
Indulge in these 7 superb strawberry recipes!
1. Orange Strawberry Detox Water: Since it’s a brand new year, let’s start with something healthy. With the goodness of fresh oranges and juicy strawberries, try this refreshing detox water. Kick start your mornings with this beauty.
2. Homemade Strawberry Jam: Skip on the store-bought jams and make this ultra-delicious and fresh jam at home with these seasonal berries. Simple to make, preservative-free and a favourite to the kids, all you need to do is just spread it on toasted bread and enjoy!
3. Strawberry Buttermilk Popsicles: How about a yummy popsicle to cheer you up? This one’s made with fresh strawberries, buttermilk, mint leaves and honey. These pink delights will make sure to bring a pretty smile on your face.
4. Strawberry Kheer: A desi dessert which is going to be your next favourite thing. Try this rice kheer, which is taken a notch higher on the taste parameter with a delicious fresh strawberry compote. Would you give it a try?
5. Baby Spinach and Strawberry Salad: Now, this sounds intriguing! An ultra-healthy and delicious salad loaded with the goodness of baby spinach and strawberries. Once you try this combination, all you’re going to think is ‘why didn’t I try this before?’
6. Strawberry and Dragon Fruit Salsa in Chocolate Cup: A recipe which is super fun to make and tastes downright delicious. This salsa has amazing flavours of strawberries, dragon fruit, jalapenos, gherkins and much more. Making it is super simple and is pleasing to the palate as well as eyes!
7. Bittersweet Chocolate Gateaux: There is nothing bitter about the experience of eating this cake. A citrus fruity addition to the cake batter in the form of orange juice perfectly complements the delicious strawberry compote and whipped cream that this cake is served with. Indulge!
If you enjoyed this strawberry-licious journey, let us know in the comment section.
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.