|Jumbo prawns , halved lengthwise, Olive oil
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Grilled Prawns With Rice
- 10 Jumbo prawns , halved lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 inch sticks Leek,diagonally sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Red wine vinegar
- to taste Salt
- 1 cup Tea powder
- 1 cup Rice,cooked
- to garnish Leeks
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Shell the prawns and retain the heads. Slit the prawns vertically, clean and wash well. Clean the prawn heads as well. Heat one tablespoon oil in a deep pan, add the cleaned prawn heads. Add sliced leek, red wine vinegar (or malt vinegar), salt and one cup of water and let it cook for ten to fifteen minutes. Strain.
- Place the remaining olive oil in a bowl, add salt and mix. Dry the prawns on absorbent paper. Dip them in the olive oil and place them on a baking tray. Sprinkle tea powder on them evenly. Place the baking tray in the oven and cook for three minutes.
- Pack the rice in a cylindrical mould. Pour two tablespoons of the prawn liquour over the rice. Remove the prawns from the oven and transfer them into a serving dish. Unmould the rice and place along side the prawns. Place the leek strips over the rice and serve immediately.