|Hazelnuts, Seedless dates
|Level of Cooking
Ingredients list for Vegan Hazelnut Spread - SK Khazana
- 1 cup Hazelnuts
- 5 Seedless dates
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- to serve Apple sliced
- Preheat the oven at 180˚C.
- Spread hazelnuts on a baking tray, keep the tray in the preheated oven and roast for 12-15 minutes or until they have browned a little. Take them out of the oven and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, take dates in a bowl, add sufficient water and soak for 30 minutes.(If using soft dates then you need not soak them.)
- Transfer the roasted hazelnuts into a grinder jar, grind to a fine powder. Drain and add the dates along with cocoa powder and a little water and grind. Add 2 tbsps water and blend till smooth. You can store in an air tight container for upto 2 weeks.
- Or transfer into a bowl and serve as a dip with apple slices. or serve with apple slices or as required.