Eggs are a solid base in the baking world. Many baked products rely on eggs for a smooth texture, a stable structure and as a thickening agent in sauces and custards. And if you’re a regular baker, you’re probably aware of how quintessential eggs are. But if you are a newbie and looking to bake delectable cakes, cookies, cupcakes et al, that too without eggs, we’ve got you covered. There are a few substitutes that work just as great as eggs, if played well with.
Though using these alternatives is a bit tricky, it’s not rocket science. But, still, it does involve quite a bit of know-how. It is very necessary to understand how these ingredients work. What you are using as a binder or for how long you are letting the air in and a lot more. Because, baking requires precision.
When it comes to eggless baking, there are ingredients with similar properties like sweetened condensed milk, yogurt, mashed bananas, flax seeds, silken tofu and more, that are equally good and give great results.
Here are some points to keep in mind before you begin baking sans eggs. And once you’re through with these, there are a whole lot of eggless recipes waiting just for you to try them. Read on…
- It’s all about the texture – The texture of the product depends on the balance between flour and the substitute for egg.
- How good is your timing? – It is a great deal, as to after which ingredient you add what.
- Measurement is the key – The elements added to a baking recipe need to go in a proper proportion. It changes from recipe to recipe.
- Rest your batter – If you are baking cookies or a tart, anything involving flour, you need to let it rest. Cookies taste better if you refrigerate the dough and use it the next day.
- Store proper – It is essential to refrigerate the baking ingredients like butter, cream, dry fruits and chocolate, especially in summers.
Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
Beginning with the most basic, yet the most loved! Whether a birthday or a sangeet, these are just perfect for any occasion. You just can’t get enough of these.
Eggless Strawberry Lava Cupcake
Heaven is here! No doubt about the fact that strawberries go best with chocolate. Try the eggless version of this cupcake – a party for your taste buds!
Eggless White Chocolate Chips and Cranberry Cookie
Replacing the mainstream chocolate flavour with a hint of cranberry. This unique cookie recipe is a paradise for dessert lovers.
Eggless Brownie Cupcakes
Cupcakes, made without eggs, but, just as awesome! Bake a fresh, hot, aromatic batch of brownie cupcakes today.
Eggless Chocolate Coated Doughnuts
Hands down, one of the most exciting eggless recipes. Eggs are replaced with buttermilk in this recipe. These doughnuts are just amazing!