1. Take green chillies pieces in a bowl. Add carrot cubes and press lightly. Add cucumber triangles and press lightly again.
2. Better still arrange the layers in an airtight glass jar.
3. Take three cups of water in a pan. Add salt, sugar, black peppercorns, garlic cloves and heat. Add vinegar and continue to heat only till all the ingredients blend well together, do not boil.
4. Take it off the heat. Press the vegetables a little more and pour the spiced water over. Cover and set aside.
5. It will be ready to eat in a couple of days but ideally it should be eaten after a week.