1. Crush green chillies coarsely with fresh red chillies, half the vinegar and salt.
2. Heat a pan. Add sesame oil and heat till it reaches the smoking point. Add garlic, ginger and sauté till red. Add the green chilli mixture and sauté for five minutes. Add tamarind pulp and mix.
3. Add crushed split fenugreek seeds and mix. Add sugar and adjust salt. Add the remaining vinegar and cook for five minutes.
4. Take off the heat and set aside to cool. Store in sterilized bottles.
5. You can use this pickle as a spread.