1. Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds. When they begin to change colour add sliced onions and sauté.Soak boondi in sufficient water.
2. Add chopped ginger, garlic and sauté for a minute. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and stir. Add grated tomatoes and continue to sauté for a few minutes.
3. Drain the water from boondi.Cook the masala on high heat. Add salt, garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves and boondi.
4. Mix and cook on high heat for a minute.
5. Garnish with sliced spring onion greens and serve hot.