1. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, gram flour, salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Add two cups of water and blend well. Strain and set aside. Heat the oil in a non stick kadai.
2. Add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and red chillies. When the seeds change colour, add the coriander powder and sauté for one minute. Add the ginger and sauté for another minute.
3. Add the yogurt mixture and adjust the seasoning. Stir continuously till it boils. Reduce heat and let it simmer for two minutes. Add water if required.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa and roast the papad on both sides. Roughly break into two inch pieces. Add the papad and boondi into the simmering yogurt mixture. Boil for two to three minutes and add the garam masala powder.
5. Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.