1. Boil milk in a heavy-bottomed pan till it is reduced and reaches a coating consistency.
2. Reserve thirty grams of sugar and make one-string sugar syrup with the rest of the sugar. Dissolve saffron in a teaspoon of hot milk. Add it to the sugar syrup.
3. Cool the reduced milk and add refined flour and the reserved sugar.
4. Mix well and make a batter of pouring consistency using a little milk if required. Keep aside for three hours.
5. Heat ghee in a wide mouthed flat-bottomed kadai. Pour a little batter to form a pancake. Pour hot ghee over it and turn over.
6. When both sides are properly done, drain and immerse in the sugar syrup. Serve warm.