1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Grease a loaf tin lightly. Place the brown bread slices in it in a manner so that the sides and the base of the tin is covered with them.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion and sauté till golden. Place potato slices at the base of the loaf tin in a layer. Over that place the chicken slices similarly.
4. Take white sauce in a bowl, add the sautéed onion-garlic and mix well. Spread some of this mixture over the chicken. Place another layer of potato slices and chicken slices.
5. Sprinkle toasted almond flakes over. Add a quarter cup of milk to the white sauce along with an egg and salt and mix well. Pour some of this over the almonds. Fold the top edges of the bread slices over.
6. Add another quarter cup of milk to the white sauce along with another egg and salt and whisk well. Spread this over the bread. Place the loaf tin in the preheated oven and bake for twenty minutes. Take it out of the oven and cool slightly before unmoulding.
7. Cut into slices and serve.