1. Slit prawns from the back and press it lengthwise to make them straight. Place them in a bowl.
2. Add salt, pepper powder, basil, garlic powder and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside to marinate for five to ten minutes.
3. Place bacon rashers on a worktop and put a marinated prawn on each one. Roll the rasher to wrap the prawn within it and secure with a toothpick.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep-fry the bacon-wrapped prawns till well done. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with mayonnaise and tomato ketchup.