1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan, add half tablespoon butter and garlic and sauté for two minutes.
2. Add onion, mix and sauté for two minutes. Add Arborio rice, mix and sauté for two minutes.
3. Heat another non-stick pan, add half cup Parmesan cheese and cook till it gets crisp.
4. Add white wine to the first pan, mix and cook for three minutes. Add two cups of vegetable stock, mix, cover and cook.
5. Trim heads of asparagus and set aside. Chop stems.
6. Add remaining stock to the pan, cover and cook till al dente.
7. Take some water in a bowl and add chopped asparagus and heat in the microwave oven for thirty seconds. Remove from oven, strain and set aside.
8. Add three tablespoons Parmesan cheese to the risotto and mix well. Add salt, crushed peppercorns, remaining butter and asparagus. Mix well and cook for a minute.
9. Transfer risotto into a serving dish, garnish with crispy Parmesan and asparagus heads.
10. Serve immediately.