Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times! One meat that is a favourite of all beyond belief! When cooked, it can be presented in many guises. Sauté it, fry it, toss it, bake it, steam it – eat it the way you want to. Whatever its form may be upon being cooked, its flavour may change but its flesh remains high in protein, low in fat and can be digested easily.
Chicken ,cut into large pieces on the bone 750 grams
Ghee 1 tablespoon
Thick yogurt 1 cup
Salt to taste
Green cardamoms 2-3
Black cardamom 1
Fried onion paste 1½ tablespoon
Dried ginger powder (soonth) ½ teaspoon
Fennel (saunf) powder 1 teaspoon
1. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, place chicken pieces in it.
2. Put yogurt in another non-stick pan and cook, stirring continuously, for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add salt and ¼ cup water to the chicken. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
4. Add cloves, green cardamoms, black cardamom and fried onion paste to the yogurt and mix well. Continue to cook further.
5. Mix ginger powder and fennel powder in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp water and mix well. Add this paste to the yogurt mixture along with cooked chicken pieces and mix well. Adjust salt. Cover and cook on low heat till the chicken is fully cooked.
6. Transfer the chicken into a serving bowl and serve hot.
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient.
His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.