1. Pack steamed rice into a bowl tightly, invert onto a serving plate. Keep it warm in the microwave oven.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Add red chillies, spring onions, garlic and ginger and stir fry for a minute. Add broccoli, mushrooms and continue to stir fry. Add half a cup of water and stir.
3. Add salt, crushed red chillies, sugar and another half a cup of water. Cook for two to three minutes. Blend cornflour in quarter cup of water and add to the wok.
4. Stir and cook till the mixture thickens. Add tofu and toss.
5. Pour the vegetables over the warm rice and serve immediately.