1. To make galouti masala, dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black cardamoms, green cardamoms, fennel seeds, peppercorns, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, carom seeds, rose petals, bay leaves, vetiver and paan ki jad till fragrant. Remove from heat, cool and grind into a fine powder.
2. Place 1 small piece of coal on direct flame and heat it till red hot.
3. Take pureed kidney beans in a bowl. Add onion paste, cashewnut paste, salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1½ tbsps galouti masala, saffron strands, screwpine essence and 2 tbsps ghee and mix well. Add roasted chana dal powder and mix well.
4. Place a small steel katori or a small heatproof glass bowl in the centre of the kidney beans mixture. Put the heated coal piece in it and add butter. Seal immediately with an aluminium foil and rest for 5 minutes.
5. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
6. Divide kidney beans mixture into 8 equal portions shaped into kababs, place on the pan and shallow-fry till evenly golden from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
7. Take yogurt in a bowl. Add salt, remaining red chilli powder, onion, tomato and mix well.
8. Garnish kababs with a fresh mint leaves and coriander sprigs and serve hot with yogurt mixture.