1. With the help of a cookie cutter cut a roundel from the center of the bread slices leaving a border of approximately half an inch all around.
2. Heat a non-stick pan. Put one tablespoon of oil. Place one prepared bread slice on it. Add some sliced onion in the hole. Cook for thirty seconds.
3. Break an egg gently into the hollowed portion of the bread over the onions. Sprinkle salt. Lower heat. Season with freshly crushed black peppercorns.
4. When the base of the egg is firm, remove onto a plate, garnish with a tomato slice and parsley sprig and serve with stamped out roundels of brown bread and tomato ketchup.
5. Repeat with remaining eggs and bread slices.