1. For the pakore, place the gram flour in a bowl. Add the onion, fenugreek leaves, ginger, carom seeds, chilli powder and salt, and mix. Add about one-fourth cup of water and mix well.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick kadai; drop small portions of the mixture into the hot oil and deep-fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
3. For the kadhi, whisk the yogurt well. Add the gram flour and whisk thoroughly till smooth. Add the turmeric powder, salt and three cups of water and mix well.Heat the oil in a non-stick kadai. Add the fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, and red chillies, and sauté for half a minute.
4. Add the ginger and sauté for a minute. Stir in the yogurt mixture, bring to a boil and cook on low heat for about fifteen to twenty minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chilli powder and fried pakore, and continue to simmer for two to three minutes.
5. Serve hot with steamed rice.