1. Chop the onions finely and put in a bowl. Add green chillies. Chop the coriander and mint leaves and add.
2. Add gram flour, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix, pressing the onions with the back of a spoon. Add a little water and mix.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Grease your palms and shape little portions of the onion mixture into balls and drop into the oil. Deep fry till half done.
4. Drain on absorbent paper. Place each piyaazi on another absorbent paper, fold the paper over it and press lightly. Put these piyazzi back into the hot oil and deep fry till golden and crisp.
5. Drain and place on a fresh absorbent paper. Serve hot with spicy green chutney.