1. Place the refined flour and whole wheat flour in a bowl and mix.
2. Dissolve yeast and sugar in a little water. Add salt to the fours and mix. Add garlic and mix. Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour the yeast solution in it. Cover with the flours and mix gently. Add sufficient water and knead well into a soft dough.
3. Mix in a little oil and cover the dough with a damp cloth. Set aside to ferment (prove) until it doubles in volume. Add spring onions, parsley, black peppercorns and knock back the dough mixing the ingredients well into it. Again set aside to rise for about fifteen minutes.
4. Grease your hands and shape the dough into a rectangle. Keep it in the bread mould. The mould should be only half filled with the dough.
5. Sprinkle oatmeal on the surface. Top it up with olive slices. Set aside till the dough rises once again and reaches the top of the mould.
6. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Keep the mould in the preheated oven and bake for about forty five minutes or till the bread is completely cooked. Leave it on a wire rack to cool.
7. Slice and serve.