1. Soak moong, chawli and moth in five cups of water for four hours.
2. Drain and pressure-cook with salt and three cups of water till two whistles. Keep aside along with the stock.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add ajwain and fry for a minute. When it begins to change colour, add asafoetida along with one cup of water and cover immediately. Cook for two minutes.
4. Remove lid, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, kokum, jaggery and mix. Add moong, chawli and moth along with the stock.
5. Stir and continue to cook on high heat for five minutes. Add salt, chopped coriander leaves, stir and cook for a minute.
6. Add scraped coconut, mix and serve hot.