1. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non-stick pan. Put the green peas in a hand blender and grind coarsely.
2. Add cumin seeds to the pan along with onion and saute lightly. Add green peas and mix well. Add salt and ¼ tsp red chilli powder, mix and switch off the heat. Transfer into a bowl and cool.
3. Place refined flour in another bowl, add salt, baking powder, milk, 2 tbsps oil and knead into a soft dough with enough water. Rest the dough for ½ hour. Divide into equal lemon sized portions.
4. Add cottage cheese and chaat masala to the peas. Then add green chillies and garam masala powder and mix well.
5. Pat each dough ball into a round disc, place some of the pea-cheese mixture in the centre, gather the edges and seal. Rest for 5 minutes.
6. Apply a little oil on each, and pat with finger tips a little then rollout a bit thickly.
7. Heat a non-stick tawa, cook each kulcha. (You can also cook in a preheated oven at 200° C for 10 minutes.)
8. When the underside is done, turn it over, cover and cook till done. Apply some butter on each kulcha and serve hot.