1. Cut the potatoes into wedges without peeling and place them in a bowl. Place some sea salt in a mortar. Add crushed peppercorns, crushed chillies, rosemary and thyme and pound with a pestle. Add this mixture to the potatoes and mix well.
2. Add red chilli powder and let it stand for fifteen minutes. Add refined flour and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a pan and arrange the potato wedges in a single layer. Cover and cook on both sides till half done. Cool and put them in zip lock bags and freeze.
4. Ideally you can prepare these wedges in good quantities and freeze them in portion sizes, so that whenever required you take out just the quantity you need and use. Just before serving take them out of the freezer and arrange them on a baking tray.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C till golden. You can also shallow fry if you so wish.
6. Serve hot.