1. Drain the figs and apricots and put them in a pan. Add one cup water, one tablespoon sugar and cook on medium heat till soft.
2. Mash the chenna well with your palms. Add powdered sugar and mash some more. Soak saffron in a little warm water.
3. Divide chenna into sixteen to twenty equal sized balls and arrange them on a plate. Press a few saffron strands on each ball and place a pistachio over the saffron.
4. Place the stewed figs and apricots on a serving plate.
5. Place a chenna ball on each and serve.