1. Mix refined flour and cornmeal in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
2. Mix yeast with 2 tbsp water, stirring till it dissolves. Add sugar and salt and mix. Pour it into the well in the flour mixture. Mix well, add sufficient water and knead. Add 2½ tsps olive oil and knead to a soft dough.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside to double in volume.Knock back the dough, cover and set aside to rise again.Grease non stick pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Dust table top with a little dry flour, take half the dough and roll into a ball.
4. Further pat it with fingers to a round slightly bigger than the circumference of the pan so that it can rise up the sides of the pan. Put it in the pan and prick with a fork.
Keep the pan over medium heat and cook it blind for 2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle cheese all over it, tear a few basil leaves and sprinkle over the cheese. Spread the sauce over. Tear a few basil leaves and spread over the sauce and cook, covered, on medium heat till the underside is golden. Make another pizza similarly. Cut into wedges and serve.