1. Take refined flour in a bowl. Add ghee and sufficient chilled water or chilled milk and knead into a medium soft dough. Divide into small balls.
2. For stuffing mix mawa, powdered sugar, walnuts, almonds and cocoa powder in a bowl. Add cream and mix.
3. Chill it in the refrigerator for about ten minutes. Roll out the dough balls into small round puris. Place a puri on the worktop, dampen its edges.
4. Place some stuffing in the centre and fold one side over the other. Press the edges to seal and further twist them with your finger tips in a decorative manner.
5. Or cut the edges with a serrated cutter. You can also make the karanjis using a mould. Keep them in the fridge for sometime.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep fry the karanjis, a few at a time, till light brown. Drain and place them on an absorbent paper.
7. Serve hot or cool and store in an airtight tin.