1. Knead whole wheat flour with salt and enough water into a dough. Cover with a damp cloth and rest for 15 minutes.
2. Mix onion, salt, red chilli powder, green chillies in a bowl. Add rice and mix well. Divide dough into equal portions. Spread each portion into a small puri with the edges thinner than the centre.
3. Place some rice mixture in the centre, gather the edges and seal. Rest for a while.
4. Heat a non stick tawa. Roll out each stuffed ball into paranthas. Place a parantha on the hot tawa and roast for 1-2 minutes. Turnover, apply a little ghee and turnover again.
5. Apply a little ghee on the other side too and cook on medium heat, turning sides, till both sides are equally golden. Serve hot with dahi or achaar.