1. To make caramel, heat ¼ cup water in a deep non-stick pan. Add sugar, stir to mix and cook on low heat till the colour turns amber brown.
2. To make custard, heat milk in a deep non-stick pan. Add brown sugar and cornflour. Whisk gently and bring to a boil.
3. Separate egg yolks from eggs and take in a bowl. Add little boiling milk mixture and mix well. Add the egg yolk mixture to the boiling milk mixture and whisk continuously till thick and a custard consistency is reached.
4. Add cream to caramel and mix well. Let it heat through.
5. Add vanilla essence and whiskey to custard mixture and mix well. Add caramel and whisk well. Add butter and whisk again.
6. Pour pudding mixture into 4 individual ramekin moulds filling three-fourth. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or till pudding is fully set.
7. Garnish each mould with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle cocoa powder on top. Serve chilled.