1. Sift flour into a large bowl. Put yeast, sugar, salt and lukewarm milk in a bowl and mix well. Set aside till the mixture begins to froth.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture along with the eggs. Mix well. Add a little water and knead into a soft dough. Knead the dough for four to five minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Cream the butter well and gradually add it to the dough, making sure that the one added earlier is well incorporated before adding more. Beat until smooth, shiny and elastic.
4. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set it aside in a warm place to rise for one to one and half hours or until it doubles in volume.
5. Lightly grease muffin moulds. Lightly knock back the dough. Cut off a quarter of the dough and set aside. Shape the rest into twelve equal balls and place them in the prepared moulds. Shape the reserved dough into twelve equal rounds.
6. Place these on the dough balls in the moulds and gently press. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place to rise for about an hour or until the dough almost reaches the top of the mould.
7. Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F. Bake in the preheated oven for ten minutes. Reduce the temperature to 190°C/375°F and bake for another twenty to twenty five minutes or until golden.
8. Turn over onto a wire rack to cool.