1. Never use a stainless steel spoon while cooking in non-stick pans. Plastic and wooden spoons are best for non-stick pans.
2. Do not wash the non-stick pans as soon as they are used. Allow them to come to room temperature and then wash with a mild soap solution with room temperature water.
3. Use a nonmetallic scrubber to clean the pans.
4. If the pans are not going to be used for a longer period of time, cover with a newspaper and stack.
5. Never stack the non-stick pans one above the other.
6. Make sure that the pans are not too hot while cooking.
7. Do not use any acidic medium while cleaning.
8. Do not use any sharp objects like knife or fork in the non-stick pans.
9. Do not put the non-stick pans directly in the oven. The high temperatures may weather the coating.
10. Prepared food should never be stored in a non-stick pan. Remove the food immediately and clean it.
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.