1. Mash khoya and roast it in a deep pan on medium heat till pink. Take off the heat and let it cool. Add all the other filling ingredients to the khoya and keep aside.
2. To prepare the covering, sieve flour and salt and rub in five tablespoons of ghee. Add enough water and knead into a firm dough.
3. Cover it with a moist cloth and keep aside for fifteen minutes. Divide the dough into small balls and roll each ball into a small puri of four inches diameter.
4. Spread a puri on a greased gujiya mould and fill a tablespoon of the filling mixture on one side. Moisten the edges of the puri and fold one side of the mould over the other.
5. Press the edges and remove the excess dough and reuse. Prepare all the gujiyas and spread on a damp cloth.
6. Heat sufficient ghee in a deep pan and deep-fry the gujiyas, in batches on medium heat, till golden brown.
7. Drain onto an absorbent paper. Cool and store in an airtight tin.