Here are some tips on making and using paneer :
1. Do not discard the whey : you can use it to make paneer the next time.
2. The whey can also be used to knead chapatti dough.
3. Milk which is split with lemon juice or vinegar will produce a firmer curd, while that split with whey will produce a softer crumbly curd.
4. To keep paneer fresh for 2 – 3 days, immerse the paneer in water to cover and refridgerate.Recipes Refresh the water every 8 hours.
5. To prepare paneer for sweets, place it under a weight for not more than 10 minutes to retain some of its moisture. Alternatively squeeze the potli well to remove as much whey as possible.
6. Sprinkle a little water over a dry paneer dish while reheating, to prevent the paneer from becoming hard and rubbery.
7. As far as possible, add the paneer towards the end of cooking.