1. Do not apply too much pressure while handling these equipments as they can break easily.
2. Always wash and wipe well after each use personally. Do not put these in the wash up area as it can be misplaced or broken.
3. Keep in the correct and safe place of the kitchen for the others to use.
Pots and pans: Use the right pots for the right work. If any food sticks to the pan, soak in gutter and clean easily.
Bowls/dishes/moulds: Use the right bowl/mould for the appropriate dish. Wash in warm water, wipe dry after every use.
Whisks: Do not bang whisks when using and washing, special attention should be paid to where the wires meet at the base.
Sieves/strainers/colanders: Wash immediately after every use under full power of water.
Teflon items: Avoid scrubbers which scratch, steel spoons and slicers as they cause the items to loose their non-stick quality always use a wooden spoon.
Wooden items: Scrub with a brush and hot water. Dry thoroughly. If items are left wet, cracks can appear. Do not use broken wooden spoons as it can leave shavings in the food.
Plastic items: Jugs, etc should not be kept near direct heat as it can disfigure.
Hot plates: Avoid spilling water on helpless switch off parts, which are not being used.
General safety precautions for equipments
1. Equipment must be correctly turned off/remove plug. Before dismantling for cleaning.
2. Use correct cleaning materials.
3. Any specific instructions should be observed.
4. After cleaning, washing and drying the equipment & parts thoroughly reassemble and check that it is ready for use.
5. Any attachments should be stored correctly.
6. Ensure there is no particle of food left in the equipment, or else it can contaminate other foods when the machine is next used.
7. Use gloves if using any reactive detergent.
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel FoodFood, hosted Khana Khazana cookery show on television for more than 17 years, author of 150+ best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards. He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one in the world and empowering women through power of cooking to become self sufficient. His recipe portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 10,000 tried & tested recipes, videos, articles, tips & trivia and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking in both English and Hindi.